About the project
The increasing internationalisation in society has produced a need for strengthening the international dimension in study and learning environments across the University of Copenhagen. The aim of the project Internationalisation and Language Skills is to develop a number of initiatives that can meet this need and thereby strengthen the University’s international profile.
The government’s action plan for stronger internationalisation of higher education programmes in Denmark, Øget indsigt gennem globalt udsyn, highlights the following areas:
- Improving universities’ learning and study environments
- Strengthening students’ language and intercultural skills
- Improving recruitment processes and retention rates of the most talented international students
The vision behind the Government’s action plan is based on the premise that increasing globalisation leads to a need for creating Danish “businesses and public institutions that can act with global vision and insight and whose employees are educated to a high academic level and possess strong international skills”.
The international dimension of programmes at the University of Copenhagen
The increased focus on the internationalisation of university programmes is also reflected in the University of Copenhagen’s Strategy 2016 and has therefore resulted in a number of changes in the University’s study and learning environments, including the following:
- An increasing number of international graduate students in full-degree programmes
- Changes in the student composition of the “international classroom”
- An increasing need for language skills in several languages
- Changing educational needs
The project Internationalisation and Language Skills is aimed at strengthening the programmes at the University of Copenhagen through the development of initiatives across the University that focus on strengthening this international dimension in study and learning environments.
Learn more about the focus areas of the project.